Conceptual foundations of Suggestic's platform
In general terms, the output of our APIs is personalized food suggestions, which is why we are called Suggestic 😉. These suggestions can take many forms, such as recipe recommendations or specific dishes at nearby restaurants.
In addition to personalized food suggestions, we provide a set of interconnected tools, like food logging and shopping lists, that leverage the same underlying personalization technology. Together, suggestions and tools can be used to create a more holistic nutrition experience.
Here's a general list of available features and suggestion types:
- Meal Plans
- Shopping Lists
- Restaurants, Menus, and Menu Items
- Food Logs
- Program Content and Guidance
Conceptually, the Suggestic platform defines personalization at 3 different levels of depth, as follows:
- 1.Program (or diet) - Represents the base rules used to generate food suggestions. i.e., Vegan Diet.
- 2.User Data - Refers to any type of user preferences or data stream associated specifically with an individual user. i.e., food restrictions.
- 3.Filters - These can be set to further refine food suggestions. i.e., cuisine type.
Generating a food suggestion involves all 3 levels of personalization
Please note that throughout the documentation we may interchangeably use the terms diet or program.